Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Classics Book Club


Reading is one of my all time favorite things to do.  However, I have recently realized that I don't engage with a book like I used to.  My mind is always distracted with to-do lists, email, kids, etc.  Even so I have found myself drawn to the classics lately.  I have read Wuthering Heights and Pride and Prejudice which were both excellent.  Definitely more difficult to read and required more concentration, but I loved it!  

So, when Edie decided to do an online classics book club I was all for it.  She even made a cute button for our blogs!


Our first book for September is The Odyssey by Homer.  I am using the translation she suggested by Robert Fagles. Don't be intimidated or scared.  I'll admit I was at first, but once I started reading it I realized it isn't so bad.  It's actually very good!  I may have even interested my husband in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment